: Manager, Strategic Corporate Volunteer Program
Director, Global Product Sourcing & Strategic Partnerships
Location: Remote, Open
The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) seeks to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. Founded in 2006, GFN connects food banking organizations in 44 countries that together serve more than 16 million people annually. The organization is based in Chicago and currently operates with a team of thirty employees based in US, Latin America and Asia and engages a globally diverse Board of Directors. Our goal is to support communities in their fight against hunger and food insecurity through advancing the food banking model.
Our 2030 vision is a global network of community-led food banks that serve meals to 50 million people facing hunger. Our team provides best practices, partners and resources to food bank founders and organizations to help them fight hunger more effectively. In the next five years, we are especially aiming to come alongside changemakers in low-income communities, primarily those based in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America.
In less than four years, GFN has grown from a $2m to a $20m+ organization reflecting the expansion of food bank operations across our network to meet the rising hunger need. In these efforts, corporate partnerships are a critical source of funding, donated and purchased product, skills-based and operational volunteer hours, as well as other in-kind resource contributions that enable food bank success. This newly created position will be responsible for working alongside Development and Product Sourcing colleagues to maximize global corporate relationships by creating and implementing effective employee activation programs aligned with network member capacity and that drive value to help food banks serve their communities.
Corporate employee volunteers are the engine that power many food bank operations, from the acquisition of product through food drives, creating organizational awareness in the community, and the processing of product donations, to the full range of skills-based efforts that supplement limited food bank budgets and enable great community impact. Engagement of community–based volunteers is also an important way to build holistic partner engagement including financial support via employee giving, corporate match/gifts, and major gift supporters. Effective programs, however, must align with individual food bank capabilities and provide incremental value to support their work.
For many corporate partners, meaningful employee volunteer activities are important as they provide a visible demonstration of the company’s commitment to social impact and contribute to positive staff morale, therefore is a key part of a corporate partnership partner engagement and stewardship program.
This position will develop and implement corporate volunteer engagement strategies to support GFN food bank efforts with valuable community resources, while also structuring program options that meet Corporate Partner needs. Key to the individual’s success as well as the programmatic impact of their work will be the development of communication and implementation materials and oversight of program with the goal of creating, maintaining, and increasing holistic corporate engagement vital to the success of GFN food banks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Corporate Employee Engagement Programming
Food Bank Network Advocate in Corporate Partner Program Planning
- Create and implement an employee engagement program that supports strategic needs of GFN and food banks
- Provides a framework to solicit virtual and in-person food bank volunteer activity where needed as well as assess ad hoc donor engagement opportunities as they arise, including skills-based volunteer opportunities .
- Ensure opportunities align with food bank needs and ability to support.
- Ensure program engagement opportunities are consistent and that they leverage partners’ energies and resources.
- Ultimately provide donor benefit as well as support and advance the mission of GFN and our network of food banks.
- Design and execute individual employee engagement initiatives that are both useful to food banking organizations and achieve partner goals
- Manage and track any risks and issues at a global and local level that might be an impediment to the success of the partnership.
- Proactively collaborate with the development, communications, and programs teams to manage the donor experience and connect partners to our donor development process. Creates a donor centric fundraising approach across the entire organization.
- In working with overall partner relationship manager, ensure appropriate expectations are set for donor and food bank regarding program support activities (i.e., sponsorship, internal and external communications); Once set, ensure expectations are met by both program partners.
- Design engagement toolkits for partners, in coordination with development and communications, to distribute to regional and country-level offices to promote and activate the partnership.
- Track and report employee engagement activities, modifying and adapting the program framework as learning is gained for maximum value to corporate partners as well as food banks.
Corporate Partner Network Engagement Reporting
- Working with the Regional Managers and larger Programs Team, forge effective and supportive working relationships with food banks throughout the GFN network and understand their interests, desired areas for growth, and limitations as they relate to all potential volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Building upon these food bank relationships and community understanding, advocate on behalf of food bank network with donor discussions in building corporate employee engagement opportunities.
- Instill and/or strengthen a culture of volunteerism within GFN food banks, helping reinforce the multi-faceted benefits of community engagement, revenue-generating potential and resource building that corporate volunteer programs offer.
Corporate Partnership Team Support
- Liaise with food banks in the GFN network to obtain holistic corporate partner data in a timely fashion and help convert these into report formats with data insights that meet corporate partner expectations.
- Similarly, ensure corporate partner data is shared back with the food banks as appropriate along with data insights to benefit network efforts.
- Standardize data collection to ensure corporate partner data requests to GFN member food banks can be completed as efficiently and easily as possible.
- Support the Development and Product Sourcing Corporate teams in recruiting new partners to contribute food and funds by offering programs for skilled staff in support of food banks serving our shared communities around the world.
- Meet partner needs for staff engagement, while acting as an advocate for GFN and member food banks and deliver outstanding customer service to increase investment and product donations while minimizing program attrition.
- Help prepare annually a summary of partnership accomplishments, to include stories of how the global partnership is being realized at the local level.
- Assist in the annual valuation of corporate partnerships to GFN and its network of food.
- College degree is preferred but not required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in managing complex, demanding projects with multiple stakeholders that have, at times, competing interests, preferably in a cross-cultural setting
- At least five years of experience in volunteer engagement and program coordination, preferably in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
- Significant experience in managing and building collaborative relationships. This includes the professional maturity to interact effectively with senior individuals from around the world that evaluate donations and other investments through a data-driven, results-oriented lens
- Experience in external-facing roles that require direct communication with corporate partners
- Creative thinker, problem-solver, and excellent negotiator that understands stakeholders’ interests, finds common ground, and drives collaborative and mutually beneficial agreements
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively in multiple forms (e-mail, phone, face to face)
- Ability to create compelling collateral in a variety of formats
- Outstanding organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple relationships and projects concurrently
- Easily navigate through Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce experience is recommended.
- Proven ability to summarize and analyze data.
- Energetic self-starter driven to achieve (and exceed) tangible goals with excellence and urgency
- Fluency in other languages (especially Spanish) preferred
- Commitment to the mission of reducing world hunger through the advancement of food banking
The position can be remote or based at GFN’s global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.