: Development Coordinator
Assistant Director, Major Gifts
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The Global FoodBanking Network’s works to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. GFN seeks a Development Coordinator to support its growing fundraising team through stewardship and acquisition of annual donors and management of the Salesforce database. The Development Coordinator has a wide-ranging set of responsibilities from processing donations to creating donor communications and outreach to donors primarily by phone and email. This individual interacts daily with team members from across the organization working in Communications, Programs, and Accounting. A candidate’s ideal personality is communicative, collaborative, organized, yet flexible. You will be successful if you excel at keeping track of timelines, problem-solving, and are ready to learn and create new processes easily.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Database and Gift Management:
- Process contributions and facilitate gift acknowledgment process with a 48-hour turnaround.
- Accurately maintain and update donor records in Salesforce and in paper files.
- Produce prospect management, contribution, and pipeline reports for the Development team as needed.
- Produce appeal and campaign summaries to track year-to-year success rates.
- Develop and organize a master donor list for the annual report.
- Reconcile monthly contributions with Accounting Department.
- Manage collection and organization of gift documentation needed for annual audit.
- Develop lists for invitations and mailings as needed.
- Cultivate, manage, and upgrade relationships with donors contributing up to $500 annually with a goal of high donor retention.
- Create and facilitate two appeal mailings and two acquisition mailings per year.
- Develop a stewardship and solicitation plan for annual donors.
- Manage the organization’s monthly donor group.
- Prepare regular stewardship messages to donors and create emails using MailChimp.
- Assist in planning and preparation for events and donor meetings.
- Maintain a focus on and interest in the GFN mission and consistently demonstrate the core values of The Global FoodBanking Network in all interactions with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2 years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Experience using CRM software, preferably Salesforce, with the ability to input, organize, and analyze donor data to ensure appropriate report generation.
- Energetic self-starter driven to achieve (and exceed) financial goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple relationships and projects concurrently.
- Adept with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs related to email and website solicitations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain high discretion and donor confidentiality.
- Desire to acquire new skills in non-profit fundraising.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.