: Manager, Corporate Employee Giving
Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
Remote or Chicago, Illinois, USA
The Global FoodBanking Network
(GFN) seeks to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. Founded in 2006, GFN connects food banking organizations in 44 countries that together serve more than 16 million people annually. The organization is based in Chicago and currently operates with a team of over thirty employees based in US, Latin America and Asia and engages a globally diverse Board of Directors. Our goal is to support communities in their fight against hunger and food insecurity through advancing the food banking model.
Our 2030 vision is a global network of community-led food banks that serve meals to 50 million people facing hunger. Our team provides best practices, partners and resources to food bank founders and organizations to help them fight hunger more effectively. In the next five years, we are especially aiming to come alongside changemakers in low-income communities, primarily those based in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America.
In less than five years, GFN has grown from a $2M to a $20M+ organization reflecting the expansion of food bank operations across their network to meet the rising hunger need in 44 countries. In these efforts, corporate partnerships are a critical source of funding, donated and purchased product, employee engagement, as well as other in-kind resource contributions that enable food bank success.
This newly created position will be responsible for working alongside Development, Communications and Product Sourcing colleagues to maximize global corporate relationships by creating and implementing effective employee giving programs and cause-related marketing campaigns that drive value to help food banks serve their communities.
GFN is seeking a Corporate Employee Giving Manager to work within the Corporate Partnerships team to help grow and build a robust employee giving program, as well as to develop and manage cause-related marketing opportunities. The position will be responsible for developing robust employee giving programming and tools, generating engaging employee giving revenue strategies and managing cause-related marketing campaigns with the target to secure $1 million revenue within 18 months.
The manager will work to develop and lead fundraising and growth strategies that are delivered through workplace giving, peer to peer fundraising initiatives, and direct to consumer campaigns proactively collaborating with the development, and communications teams to manage the donor experience and assist in converting employee donors to individual donors in close collaboration with the Individual Giving team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Employee Giving Program Development and Management
Cause-Related Marketing Campaign Development and Management
- Lead the strategic development of a robust employee giving program, in conjunction with the Directors of Corporate and Foundation Partnerships and the Director of Major Gifts;
- Build tools, messaging and strategies for engaging workplace giving and peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives in collaboration with Development and Communications teams;
- Analyze the efficacy of existing employee giving and engagement opportunities and recommend improvements or new approaches;
- Facilitate the process for offering these opportunities for corporate partners who are engaged in employee volunteering, working closely with the Manager, Strategic Corporate Volunteer Program;
- Proactively collaborate with the development, communications, and programs teams to manage the donor experience and connect employee giving participants to our donor development process.
- Creates a donor centric fundraising approach across the entire organization;
- Implements a strategy to broaden donor relationships across GFN’s portfolio of interests including product donations, funds, cause marketing, employee engagement, C-suite leadership engagement, in-kind support, awareness and advocacy;
- Receives and responds to viable inbound inquiries from potential partners;
- Execute high-quality employee giving campaigns, maintain responsiveness to donor needs and steward corporate relationships alongside the Directors of Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
- Collaborates with the Director of Major Gifts and Individual Giving Officer build strategies to convert employee giving participants to monthly donors.
- Develop strategy and annual plan for cause marketing campaigns that meet partners’ corporate social responsibility goals and supports GFN’s fundraising, communication, and employee engagement initiatives;
- Conceive of and execute donors’ cause marketing programs for a variety of corporate partners (i.e. small and medium, and large sized companies)
- Serve as main contact and manage all aspects of cause marketing programs,
- Collaborates with internal teams—including programs and communication—to ensure strong campaign activation across appropriate global, national and local levels.
- Partner with Communications and Development colleagues, as well as colleagues across the organization to identify additional engagement opportunities for key relationships, such as volunteering, food drives, food donations, and other support.
- Research potential partners and help generate ideas and cause marketing programs that would appeal to these prospects.
- Create proposals, presentations and follow up materials to sell ideas to corporate partners
The candidate will be results-oriented, detail orientated and committed to inspiring new and continuing partners to join the fight against global hunger and food waste. The ideal candidate will thrive on identifying, cultivating, and securing creative employee giving and cause related marketing opportunities that drive revenue and impact.
A strong communicator, the Corporate Employee Giving Manager will bring a strong understanding of fundraising best practices, employee engagement tools, marketing tactics and enthusiasm for raising money.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to the mission of GFN and some familiarity with food security, food justice, or international development issues;
- At least four years of professional work experience directly in fundraising with a track record of managing direct donor relationships;
- A proven track record of successfully securing corporate support;
- Experience managing employee giving programs and strategies, including with creative peer-to-peer initiatives;
- Experience with cause-marketing campaign development and execution;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to effectively and comfortably build relationships;
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments;
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising relationships simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating strategic thinking, problem solving, and attention to detail;
- Highly organized, reliable, and able to balance priorities and meet deadlines;
- Self-directed, self-aware, and self-disciplined;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Flexible, energetic, positive, and creative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English – other language proficiencies welcomed.
This is a remote position, however Chicago based candidates will be eligible to work out of GFN’s global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA or remote.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. EOE