The Global FoodBanking Network
(GFN) works to alleviate hunger and malnutrition by launching and accelerating the development of food banks around the world. Founded in 2006, GFN now connects more than 790 food banks in 32 countries that together serve 7.1 million people annually. The organization operates with a lean team of 16 employees primarily based in Chicago and engages a globally diverse Board of Directors.
GFN has an ambitious vision to help enable its members to materially increase the amount of food distributed to those in need, distribute more nutrient-rich foods, and strengthen the resilience of their communities. Its major goals include:
- Expanding food banking across Asia;
- Increasing the number of people served by food banks with which GFN currently works;
- Supporting food banking organizations in distributing a greater diversity of foods;
- Building a trusted global network of food rescue and relief
This full time position is an exciting opportunity to tell the GFN and food banking story to an international audience. You will be able to work with GFN management and staff across all departments, learn and promote the value of food banking to communities around the world, and be a part of an organization with a core mission to alleviate global hunger and food waste. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Implement strategic communications plans and deliverables for GFN
- Create content (written, graphic and video) for key audiences through e-mail marketing channels, website, social media and marketing print collateral
- Develop and advance GFN’s monthly enewsletter, which includes creating strategies to increase open rates and signups
- Curate story ideas and new content through research, interviews with staff members and communication with partners
- Organize information from various sources, identifying information that can be converted into engaging content that communicates GFN’s story and initiatives
- Oversee and update the GFN website, working with team members to fulfill needs as identified
- Analyze metrics and patterns from online statistic management platforms to establish benchmarks and generate impact reports on communication channels
- Identify new trends, activities and conducts on web, social media and email campaigns to improve GFN’s outreach
- Edit and manipulate images for GFN online channels to increase outreach and engage audience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Strength in storytelling for interactive marketing purposes
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in working with WordPress, MailChimp, Microsoft Office, and social media sites and platforms such as Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Energetic self-starter driven to achieve (and exceed) tangible goals with excellence and urgency
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively in multiple forms (e-mail, phone, face to face)
- Outstanding organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple relationships and projects concurrently
- Experience in graphic design and html is preferred, but not required
- Non-profit experience is preferred, but not required
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.