: Associate Director, Regional Product Sourcing Partnerships
Director, Food Sourcing & Strategic Partnerships
The Global FoodBanking Network
(GFN) seeks to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. GFN is the only international organization committed to fighting hunger by supporting food banking organizations in 44 countries serving more than 9 million people annually. Food Bank Singapore is a certified member of the GFN network, distributing 800,000 kilograms of food annually through 360 beneficiary partners serving Singaporeans in need.
In less than four years, GFN has grown from a $2m to a $20m+ organization reflecting the expansion of food bank operations of membership organizations to meet the rising hunger need in 44 countries. Food distribution is the key competency of food banking in fulfilling their mission of feeding communities, and to support this growth, more food and supplementary products are needed. To support food banks in accessing food and grocery products to meet the needs of the food insecure families they serve, GFN is committed to accelerating partnerships with multinational and regionally operating companies across the supply chain from farms to retail and food service outlets.
GFN is seeking a new team member to support our accelerated growth: Associate Director, Regional Product Sourcing Partnerships in Asia. This position will be located in Singapore and will support all food banks in SE Asia and Oceana, one of GFN’s largest regions. The role will be responsible for helping develop local donation and purchasing relationships resulting in more groceries for families in need in each of the 12 member countries. Partnering with local food bank staff, this person will also provide a much-needed regional layer of support that will strengthen communication and action with multinational companies to enable greater access to food and other resources.
A key function of this role will be to engage with food and grocery product producers, distributors, and retailers as well as farmers and agri-businesses for donations to serve families in need while ensuring excess product does not go to waste. Working with food bank staff to develop and expand purchasing programs to supplement product donations will also be key. Additionally, this individual will assist Regional Field Managers with product sourcing training for food bank staff and best practice sharing with the goal of enhancing overall Network expertise.
The ideal candidate has experience with corporate social responsibility (CSR), understands and has engaged with non-profit organizations and knows the food industry. The individual works well with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives; has demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholder groups including affiliated members, internal teams, and all levels of corporate leaders across multiple industry sectors. A strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief would further ensure success in this global food banking role.
- Assess sourcing landscape and develop strategic plan to increase product sourced by country across region.
- Develop productive, collaborative relationships with network food bank staff to nurture industry partnerships benefiting global and local organizations.
- Establish and nurture relationships at all appropriate stages of supply chain and levels of decision making within partner organizations in order to strengthen the network’s status as a preferred recipient of excess food and non-food essentials
- Help build and expand product procurement programs by strengthening food banks as non-profit customer when appropriate.
- Create new training tools and communication vehicles that will assist food bank members with identifying, educating, and servicing donors.
- Work with food bank staff to create and implement effective action plans for holistic donor support
- Implement, manage, and track business strategies that help secure more product for food banks.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- 5 years’ work experience in CSR, food industry preferred
- Strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief
- A proven track record of implementing plans to deliver results against strategic goals
- Ability to utilize business experience and industry understanding to successfully engage and motivate partner representatives across the company and throughout their supply chain.
- Willing to both lead and provide hands-on support.
- Strength in monitoring industry trends and analyzing data to derive business insights
- Ability to articulate effectively with internal and external contacts using verbal, written and presentation skills; Confident with negotiation skills based on a win-win philosophy and commitment to long-term partnership development.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending global hunger.
- Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Valid passport, international travel experience preferred.
- Fluency in English language is required.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is required and fluency in an additional regional language is preferred.
Singapore, candidate must reside in and be legally able to work
National, regional, and international travel will be expected (up to 40% of the year).
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Equal Opportunity Employer.