: Manager, Global Product Sourcing Partnerships
Director, Food Sourcing & Strategic Partnerships
US, Chicago or remote
The Global FoodBanking Network
(GFN) seeks to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. GFN is the only international organization committed to fighting hunger by supporting food banking organizations in 44 countries serving more than 16 million people annually.
In less than four years, GFN has grown from a $2m to a $20m+ organization reflecting the expansion of food bank operations of membership organizations to meet the rising hunger need in 44 countries. Food distribution is the key competency of food banking and to support this growth, more food and supplementary products are needed. To support food banks in accessing food and grocery products to meet the needs of the food insecure families they serve, GFN is committed to accelerating partnerships with multinational and regionally operating companies across the supply chain from farms to retail and food service outlets.
GFN is seeking a new team member to support our accelerated growth: Manager, Global Product Sourcing Partnerships to develop and nurture relationships with multinational companies. This individual will be US located and will work with multinational consumer goods manufacturers and distributors, grocery and food service retailers, as well as companies in the agricultural sector around the world to access more groceries for families in need. The goal for each donor is to engage as a business solution for access to excess product then to build the partnership holistically for funds, volunteers, and other applicable in-kind support both at the global level and directly for food banks.
A key responsibility for this role will be to develop and implement global sourcing plans by donor, leveraging insights to be gained from a strategic product availability assessment within GFN member countries as well as our Global Food Donation Policy Atlas.
While accessing excess product across the supply chain for donation is the priority source for food bank operations, this role will also work with food bank staff to develop and expand procurement programs needed to supplement product donations. Supporting a GFN 2021 Strategic Initiative, this individual will also work closely with colleagues to pilot a produce purchasing program specifically targeted at supporting small-scale/family farmers in developing countries. Understanding the importance of food sourcing in each GFN community served, assisting Regional Field Managers with product sourcing training for food bank staff as needed will be critical to enhancing overall Network expertise for collective success.
The ideal candidate works well with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives; has demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholder groups including affiliated members, internal teams, and all levels of corporate leaders across industry sectors. Key for success is also a strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief along with the nuances of food banking.
- Assess sourcing landscape and develop strategic plans by current and potential donor to increase product sourced across the network.
- Establish and nurture relationships at all appropriate stages of company supply chains and levels of decision making within partner organizations.
- Help strengthen the network’s status as a preferred recipient of excess food and non-food essentials with multinational company headquarters and international locations.
- Develop productive, collaborative relationships with network food bank staff to share product sourcing learning and donor information.
- Create new training tools and communication vehicles that will assist food bank members with identifying, educating, and servicing donors.
- Help build and expand product procurement programs by strengthening food banks as non-profit customer when appropriate.
- Work with food bank staff, or Regional Product Sourcing Managers as appropriate, to create and implement effective action plans for holistic donor support
- Implement, manage, and track business strategies that help secure more product for food banks.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- 5 years relevant account management / food bank / food industry experience
- Strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief along with the nuances of food banking
- A proven track record of implementing plans to deliver results against strategic goals
- Ability to utilize business experience and industry understanding to successfully engage and motivate partner representatives across the company and throughout their supply chain. Willing to both lead and provide hands-on support.
- Strength in monitoring industry trends and analyzing data to derive business insights
- Ability to articulate effectively with internal and external contacts using verbal, written and presentation skills; Confident with negotiation skills based on a win-win philosophy and commitment to long-term partnership development.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending global hunger.
- Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English language; additional language fluency a plus
The position is US based: Chicago or remote
Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. EOE