Content Development Intern
GFN is seeking a content development intern to support GFN’s online communications efforts. Your responsibilities will include assisting with gathering, producing, and tracking content for our e-newsletter and social media pages. This is a unique opportunity to gain professional experience at a global not-for-profit organization, and to build your writing portfolio. As content development intern, you will work closely with the Manager, Communications and will have the opportunity to interact with various departments within the organization.
The internship requires a commitment of work between 10-12 hours/week until the end of the 2017 calendar year. GFN will compensate the intern at $10/hr. Start date: as soon as possible.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Identify and write stories of interest from GFN’s member food banks to highlight on social media platforms and for inclusion in monthly e-Newsletter to donors and supporters
- Monitor online content and campaigns from GFN’s member food banks
- Manage GFN’s social media pages
- Assist with website updates and new content publication
- Assist with maintaining and updating the GFN’s photo library
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to convey information clearly and concisely in written form and good oral communication skills
- Working towards bachelor’s or graduate degree, preferably
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, or other social media tools to meet business or organizational objectives
- Experience writing for web based publications and platforms helpful
- Experience performing interviews for information and synthesizing the information into written form
- Strong organizational skills and experience creating systems for managing information
- Technology savvy, ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Online research skills
- Basic design skills are desired but not required
- GFN’s Chicago or New York office locations, or off-site
- This intern will be compensated $10/hr, unless he/she applies for school credit.