: Administrative Assistant
President & CEO
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) works to alleviate hunger and malnutrition by launching and accelerating the development of food banks around the world. Founded in 2006, GFN now connects more than 800 food banks in 31 countries, spanning six continents, that together serve 7.78 million people annually. The organization operates with a lean team of twenty employees primarily based in Chicago and engages a globally diverse Board of Directors.
GFN is seeking an administrative assistant to provide support to the CEO. The administrative assistant will ensure that the CEO maximizes the strategic use of her time and assists the CEO in managing the administrative components of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Input and maintain CEO’s contacts.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, many of which are international, and maintain an active Outlook calendar.
- Plan domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Prepare expense reports and maintain leave and allocation logs.
- Organize print and digital files.
- Proofread and ensure accurate formatting of all correspondence going out under CEO signature.
- Compose correspondence as requested.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the GFN Board of Directors. This includes:
- Plan all logistics for in-person Board meetings (three in-person meetings are convened annually for 2-3 days at domestic and international locations).
- Compose meeting minutes.
- Assemble new Director orientation packages.
- Maintain Board records.
- Keep Board lists in files and on the website up to date.
- Manage budget for Board of Directors.
- Organize logistics for GFN team meetings and in-house events.
- Assist with office management tasks including answering phones, opening mail, ordering supplies, etc.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Twenty college credit hours earned at an accredited institution.
- Two years of administrative experience.
- Experience providing administrative and calendar support in a professional setting.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills. High attention to detail and the ability to complete administrative tasks with urgency and accuracy is a must.
- Previous experience in planning complex travel arrangements to remote international locations preferred.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, trustworthiness, and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal.
- An intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook applications with the ability to quickly learn other applications.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while pro-actively managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff from all areas of the organization.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.